New Here? Blog Home SEO Information Sponsor Information Contact Us

Friday, October 22, 2010

Small pleasures.

Some times it is the little things that make you the happiest, things from your past. Todays post has nothing to do with snouts or sprouts (stay tuned for a massive re-planting and drilling drainage holes post tomorrow!) but rather with happy childhood memories (well up until I moved out of my dads apartment), how some things never change, and how you do eventually turn into your parents.

Every weekend I was able to stay at my dads apartment being as it was only a short walk from my moms house (they were kind enough to stay living close for my sake) I remember waking  up to the cute purr of Dad's macchinetta espresso pot, followed by that heavenly espresso smell that eventually permeates everything you own (my dad's side of the family is Italian so espresso may as well flow in my veins). Well, a few days back I was really craving espresso, but being in the small town I live in now, I could find neither a pot nor any espresso to purchase so I did what I thought would satiate my craving, bought a french press and the strongest coffee I could find; long story short this was NOT the solution, so off to amazon I went. I purchased a Moka 6 cup Macchinetta, 4 bricks of Lavazza Crema e Gusto, and a milk frothier and I am happily awaiting UPS to bring them all to me early this afternoon.  Now the Moka is exactally what my dad had so no fears there, however I have never tried this espresso (I was brought up on medalia d'oro, and no it was not the weird instant powder, it was the real deal) and despite the rave reviews on amazon, I am still a little nervous but that is the benefit of having a room mate, if I don't like it he is not picky and it WILL get used. Haha. Sorry Blake but you know it is true!

Any way, soon I will be able to once again imbibe the delicious espresso that will conjure up memories of my youth (all that caffeine when I was young is probably the reason I stayed 5 feet tall instead of growing into the lanky 5'9" the doctors all promised when I was 3 or 4!) All that growing business aside I am very excited and I can honestly say I don't even mind turning into my parents, as they are both amazing people and deserved to be honored in any way possible.  (Waves to parents through cyber space)

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment