New Here? Blog Home SEO Information Sponsor Information Contact Us

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The "heart" of the problem

I leave my heart on the farm every time I have to leave. I truly feel the most at home in the country and any time some one asks me if I had a million dollars and I could do anything, I always respond, "I would have a farm with a massive garden and lots of birds and fish... OH and lots of pumpkins!"

 Mama Mathusala kitty (actually her name is Madusa) and the magical Cour di Bou tomato. She is ancient for one of my moms farm cats at 9 years old. She is super sweet and loves to just be cuddled.  I wish I could take all the kitties at my Mom's inside, I usually end up trying to find all the kittens homes with varying degrees of success. 
 Mortimor, one of the latest kittens.
 Schnerd, Mort's little brother.
 I am told roasemary posted at your door means it's the home of a good woman, I put some by the door of my roommates house, but mine isn't flourishing as well as my moms, maybe I am not as "good" as she is yet. Practice makes perfect I guess.
 Possum the worlds most needy and ill behaved cat. She is a darlin', I really need to try to find her and her sister Ming an inside home.

 The harvest. The garden grew pretty well this year, although I think next year we will be using mostly grow bags and raised beds. It's just too hard otherwise, not to mention, I don't mind weeding but its so much easier if you don't have to as much.
Cappy is truly the happiest dog on the planet I think!

I really, really do want to have my own farm. I don't think it could ever be my full time career, but I would love to be able to grow most if not all of my own food and jack o lanterns, honestly I don't think one can ever have too many pumpkins or  too many turkeys.  I will keep working toward my goal. I just need to find the perfect catalyst to get me there. Dog grooming? Cat toys? Canine psychology?

No comments:

Post a Comment